Stuffed Eggplant or Squash BoatsCuisine: ItalianDifficulty: Easy, Medium
When fresh eggplant is in season, make some stuffed eggplant with mozzarella, tomatoes, and prosciutto. This roasted eggplant boat is simple to prepare and bursting with amazing flavours. An Italian favourite with full flavours, perfect for an easy meal. It’s light and healthy – the best dish ever!
4 x medium-sized Eggplants or Squash
Salt & Pepper to taste
4 x Tomatoes
Grated Parmesan Cheese
Mozzarella Cheese (shredded or cubbed)
Few slices x Prosciutto
Garlic – minced
Dried Oregano to taste
Fresh Basil leaves
Sliced almonds for topping
- For Top – dressing:
Salt + Pepper
Sliced almonds for garnish
Make the Boats – Directions
- Slice a cleaned and dried eggplant in half lengthwise and remove the pulp (scoup out the middle).
- Place the eggplant halves in a prepared baking dish. Sprinkle salt & pepper over the top, and then drizzle olive oil over them. Bake them for 25 minutes or so until they are tender at 375F.
- Once out of the oven, remove the middle seeds/pulp from the eggplant and chop the seeds/pulp, so you have one cup total. Mix the pulp with the rest of the ingredients.
- Mix the remaining ingredients and spoon the filling into the baked eggplant. Place a good portion of Mozerrela cheese on top and bake for 20 minutes or so. Add add more cheese on top to melt. Top with sliced almonds or other nuts.
- Make the Topping/Dressing – Directions
- Simply chop, crush, or mince the ingredients. Place in a bowl, combine all the ingredients in a jar, and shake or stir to combine! Top with the sliced almonds.
- Original Recipe – https://anitalianinmykitchen.com/eggplant-boats/
- Balsmaic Vinaigrette Recipe – https://www.allrecipes.com/recipe/218337/our-favorite-balsamic-vinaigrette/